The labour force has become sooo saturated that everybody’s abilities is constantly re- evaluated. The growing number of entrepreneurs and job seekers has made it important to constantly develop additional skill set.
As an entrepreneur who is actively seeking for investors and business partners, who are willing to help your business, understand that you need additional skills to make you different from your competitors.
You are not the only person doing what you do. You need to stand out from the crowd!!!
Are you a job seeker, be wise, your academic qualification is not enough. You are not the only one with the right qualifications for the job some are over qualified than you are but if you really want to secure that job, you need to build additional skills.
Your academic qualification can only get you through the door if you want to stay in the room, you need additional skills that makes you relevant.
The question you might be asking is “what are these skills that I have to develop?” Not to worry the answer is here. Some of these skills include:
- Time management: You should be able to prove you are a good time manager irrespective of if you are an entrepreneur or a job seeker.
Time management is the key to becoming successful.
- Problem solving skills: You should become a problem solver. As an entrepreneur your business should solve problems and as an employee, you should be able to solve the company’s problems.
“Problem-solving becomes a very important part of our makeup as we grow into maturity or move up the corporate ladder.”- Zig Ziglar
- Communication skills: You should be able to communicate yourself in writing and speech. Whatever you plan to do if you cannot communicate properly, then how can you be trusted that you can do what you are saying or writing????
“Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important opportunities arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity and emotions to affect other people”- Jim Rohn
- Leadership skills: You should be able to lead people if you want to be successful. An employee might say he does not need this skill because he is not the boss. If you are interested in that promotion, then learn leadership.
“Leadership is not about title or designation. It is about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion for your work and you have to inspire team mates and customers.”- Robin S. Sharma
- Interpersonal skills: Learn how to work with people. In the business world, you would not only work with those you like. Learn this skill and you become an essential team player.
“Collaboration is the best way to work. It is the only way to work really. Everyone is there because they have a set of skills to offer across the board.”- Anthony Starr
- Ability to work under pressure: Don’t be deceived there will always be pressure. If you are truly trying to grow then be ready to work under pressure.
- Decision making skills: An entrepreneur or employee will have to make decisions all the time. Develop this skill to make you indispensable in your company’s decision making process.
If you don’t make decisions, circumstances will make decisions for you.
- Flexibility: Don’t be rigid. Develop the ability to know when to compromise.
A flexible mind has a better chance to think differently and take a unique path in the life journey.
- Readiness to learn: An entrepreneur or job seeker must be ready to learn. It is only by learning that you can truly grow.
“Once you stop learning, you start dying.” -Albert Einstein