I know I am answering that question with a big yes, what about you? Well if we are on the same page about this then read on.
After acquiring all the right skills, qualifications and everything you can think of, you might still find out that the big break you have been anticipating is still afar off. I have realised that one of the determining factor of where we will reach in our lifetime is those you spend your time with.
“You cannot change the people around you but you choose the people that you choose to be around”- Anonymous.
Have you noticed that the rich are getting richer and the poor are becoming poorer? Well the reason is obviously because the rich spend most of their time with the people of their status. They make sure their children marry into rich families, go to rich schools and hang out with people of their status. While the poor spend time that could be better spent thinking on multi-billion dollar ideas and strategizing on how to accomplish these ideas on gossiping and ranting about the rich and their present conditions.
“Surround yourself with those on the same mission as you”- Anonymous
While you are waiting for your big break, get connected with the right people. Surround yourself with the kind of people you see yourself becoming.
“You are the average of the five people you spend most of your time with”- Jim Rohn
The right people to spend your time with, have some common characteristics that makes it easier to identify them. These characteristics includes:
- Positivity is their watch word: The right people to spend your time with are those who are optimistic. Optimistic people always see the opportunity in every circumstance. Optimist are people who challenge you to always see the opportunity in everything. Positivity is needed to see the silver lining in every circumstance.
“You cannot litter negativity everywhere and then wonder why you have got a trashy life.”- Anonymous
- They are dream chasers: The people you should spend time with should be people with dreams of their own and are taking obvious steps towards their dream realisation. Their actions towards chasing their dreams becomes a source of inspiration to chase your dreams.
Don’t forget,” You are the average of the five people you spend most of your time with.” – Jim Rohn
- They are encouragers: The right people you need to spend your time with should be those who always encourage you to press on. Starting out in anything you plan to do can be so difficult and frustrating. Sometimes you are on the verge of giving up, this is where you need to be surrounded with people who constantly encourage you. This sort of people would become your source of strength when you are down.
“If you have a crazy dream, it is very important that you surround yourself with people who believe in you”
- They help you develop positive habits: Positive habits are habits that help our movement to success. The right people to spend your time with are always interested in the positive habits you are trying to cultivate. They always support you when you are trying to form these habits, they don’t try to make you feel bad for cultivate good habits.
“I have learned that champions are not just born, champions can be made when they embrace and commit to life changing habits.”- Lewis Howes
- They show immense commitment to see you become better: The most important thing about the people with whom you spend the most of your time with, is they should show unwavering commitment towards seeing you become the best version of yourself. They should give their all to see you at your best.
Remember, the people you surround yourself with is the bed rock of what you make out of your life.